Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in "Blackberry"



A little fact about me. I am a nail biter. I have been for years and years. Apparently, there is this story my Mum loves to tell, where they used to have to put mittens on my hands when I was just a baby, because I would automatically put my hands in my mouth and bite my fingernails. Not good. I have been trying to stop this habit for so many years I can hardly count, with varying degrees of success. Eventually, I always ended up biting them very short in the end. And no. Stop'n'Grow-like products do not help when you are a dedicated nail biter!

However, just before Christmas I decided to try acrylic nails. I had them on for about a month and I am amazed by how long my nails have grown in a short amount of time! Other than that, my actual nail bed (if that's what you call the pink bit of your nail) became much longer, which I was ecstatic about!

In order to keep myself from biting them again, I am trying to take good care of them, which is a subject for another post. The main thing this process involves is painting them with a rather colourful nail varnish, just so that I am not tempted to ruin the look in any way! Here is one of my new favourite colours! This is the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in the colour Blackberry. It is so easy to apply and what you see in the photo above is just from a single coat of nail varnish on each nail! It has a gel formula, meaning that it is supposed to stay on for longer than a normal nail varnish and so far, so good! I haven't noticed any sort of chipping and I am in love with this colour on my nails!

Any other colours I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...