Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

The Look #2: The (Slightly) Red Lip


I was getting ready for a night out last night and decided to go for something a little more bold this time! I am not one for bright lips, especially not red ones! I am usually seen with either just a plain old lip balm, with a nude lipstick or even - just sometimes - with a teeny bit of lipgloss on. But red lips are definitely not my forte!

Nonetheless, I decided it was time for something just a tad different, but not in too obvious a way. 

For this look, I used my Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in the shade "Shell". This is fast becoming one of my favourite foundations I have ever used, but this is a topic for a different blog post. Next, I used my Soap & Glory Trick and Treatment Concealer for under my eyes, blending it in with my fingers, as always. For contouring and on my cheeks, I used the Sleek Face Contour Kit in "Fair". As is probably obvious from the first photo, my contouring skills are abysmal, as - again - there is nothing to be seen in that area of my face. (At least, I can't see it). Regardless, I DID actually apply a bit of the bronzer from this palette just under my cheekbones, as well as a little bit of blush (my face was quite red at the time, as I had the central heating on!) and a tiny bit of highlighter. For my brows, I used a little bit of the Little Mix by Collection Full On Mascara in "Crystal Clear", just to tidy them up a little bit. To set all my makeup, I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in "Transparent", which I am also loving!

On to the eyes. 

I have to begin by saying that my makeup skills do not really extend to doing my eyes. Though I love seeing a good smoky eye on other people, a) I don't think I would be able to do it myself and b) even if I got someone else to do it for me, I would probably hate it... For this look, I used my little Maybelline Silk Glam by EyeStudio Palette in the shade "Coral Drama". It has 4 lovely, shimmery nude shades that are perfect for creating a very understated look. I also used the Avon ExtraLasting Liquid Eye Liner in "Brown" along my upper lashline, as well as the Seventeen Super Smooth Eye Liner Pencil in the shade "Illumination" on my lower waterline, to get rid of any redness. To finish it all of, I used the Clinique High Impact Mascara in "Black".

I left the lip for last... I own a few red (or reddish) lipsticks, but for my first foray out into the world actually wearing one, I decided to go with the Revlon Lip Butter in "Candy Apple", as I could make it as sheer as I possibly could! As you can see, my lips didn't turn out overtly red, but it did feel nice wearing a little splash of colour for a change!

How do you feel about red lipsticks? Do you find them easy to wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...